We are a fun loving, hard working, creative family at House of Funk and are looking for a barista to join our taproom team!
TAPROOM TEAM MEMBER / BARISTA
- An active Serving it Right Certification.
- 1+ years of barista experience
- Experience dialing in an espresso machine and pouring latte art
- A willingness to learn more about the brewing and roasting processes within House of Funk.
- Able to work well under pressure & emotional control in fast-paced environments
As a barista on our taproom team, you will be responsible for:
- Providing superior customer service and showcasing your hospitality skills to create a welcome environment for every guest.
- Maintaining a high standard of quality service and making suggestions for continued improvement.
- Ensuring that House of Funk remains and promotes being an inclusive space for all.
- Serving our delicious coffee, beer and food and everything that goes along with that such as bussing and cleaning.
- Running the espresso bar, including making all applicable drinks and cleaning the machine.
- Following all safety protocols.
- Being knowledgeable about our menu items and the processes behind them.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
We take care of our team - first and foremost. As a part of our HOF community, you will receive:
- Weekly educational/tasting allowance to keep your knowledge of our beer, coffee and food up to date.
- A generous staff discount on all of our products.
- Access to hands on training and education in all areas of the business.
- We promote within! Interested in exploring another aspect of the business? We will show you the ropes and help you grow your knowledge in the industry.
Our house is located on the traditional and unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations. We're doing our best to create and foster a safe and inclusive space for everyone. We want to ensure that every job applicant is treated fairly and with respect, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com